To help us beat the heat, the Government of Manitoba adjusted COVID-19 health restrictions to allow for city, municipal, hotel, campground and private business pools and spray pads to reopen. A reminder that household gathering limits remain in place - you can only gather with members of your own household to limit the spread of COVID-19.
City of Brandon Parks & Recreation Services is advising residents that the City of Brandon Outdoor Aquatic Facilities are scheduled to open as follows:
- Kinsmen Pool on Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- Spray Parks on Monday, June 21, 2021
City of Brandon Parks & Recreation staff are in the process of hiring and training staff for these areas, as well as ensuring all facilities are operational for the opening dates.
With the warmer temperatures this weekend, the City of Brandon is reminding residents to stay aware, stay cool, and take care of yourself and others.
- Keep up to date with our local weather forecast and alerts so you know when to take extra care
- Stay hydrated - drink plenty of cool liquids, especially water. If you are hungry, fruits and vegetable are a great option with high water content
Tips to stay cool:
- Plan outdoor activities for cooler parts of the day
- If you are outdoors during the hottest part of the day, shade yourself from the sun with an umbrella or a wide-brimmed hat with lots of ventilation (to allow the sweat on your head to evaporate)
- Wear loose-fitting, breathable, light-coloured clothing, and remember to wear sunscreen to limit ultra-violet (UV) ray exposure
- If there is no air-conditioning available, spend time in cool places like shaded areas.
- Take a cool bath or shower
- Avoid using your oven or other appliances that could heat your home more
- Limit physical activities during the hotter parts of the day or exercise in an air-conditioned place
- Check on family members, neighbours, and friends-especially older adults and those with chronic conditions. Consider regular virtual visits due to the current COVID-19 Public Health Orders.
- Never leave pets alone in a closed vehicle
For more tips, visit the following websites: