Brandon Downtown Development Corporation accepting applications for Board of Directors
By: Q Country/Star FM News
Posted: January 25, 2023 16:53 •
Applications must be received no later than February 15, 2023
Image - File Photo
Brandon City Council is now accepting applications for four (4) appointments to the Brandon Downtown Development Corporation (BDDC) Board of Directors.
Three (3) appointments shall be for a three-year term of office to begin on April 1, 2023 and expire March 31, 2026. One (1) appointment shall be a two-year term of office to begin on April 1, 2023 and expire March 31, 2025.
The BDDC Board of Directors is responsible for:
- governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives
- selecting, appointing, and supporting the Executive Director making decisions on program administration and funding applications
- ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources
- approving annual budgets
- accounting to the stakeholders for the organization's performance
- utilizing personal and professional skills, relationships, and knowledge for the advancement of the BDDC and revitalization of downtown Brandon
No person shall be qualified for election as a Director if they are less than eighteen (18) years of age. Further information on the duties and activities of the BDDC can be obtained by contacting the BDDC office at 204-720-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested persons are encouraged to apply online at https://brandondowntowndevelopment.ca/board-application/
All applications must be received by no later than Wednesday, February 15, 2023. All applications shall be considered by City Council in its selection process, and such appointments shall be final.
Back to News