Applications must be submitted no later than Nov 23rd
Image - File Photo
Brandon City Council will be considering five (5) citizen appointments to the Police Board of the City of Brandon, with a Term of Office to commence January 1, 2023, and expire December 31, 2026. Should any person be interested in becoming a member of the Police Board, application forms are available at https://www.brandon.ca/ or can be picked up at and returned to the Legislative Services Office, Second Floor, City Hall, 410 - 9th Street, no later than November 23, 2022.
To be eligible for appointment to the Police Board, you must:
1. be at least 18 years of age;
2. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident; and
3. reside or be employed in, or have a business interest in the City of Brandon
The following persons are not eligible for appointment to the Police Board:
1. a judge of the Court of King's Bench or the Court of Appeal;
2. a Provincial Judge or Justice of the Peace;
3. a member of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba or of the Senate or House of Commons of Canada; or
4. a current or former member of the Brandon Police Service
Further information on the duties and activities of the Police Board can be obtained by contacting the Secretary to the Board at (204) 729-2207 or email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is November 23, 2022.
All nominations and/or applications shall be considered by City Council in its selection process, and such appointments shall be final.